Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mr Potato Heads

A little while back I saw a tutorial for making a felt Mr Potato Head that I thought really cute.  When our kids saw the Toy Story movies just a few weeks back and fell in love with them I thought these would be cute to make them for Christmas.  When I went searching for the tutorial I found out that Hasbro asked that blog to remove the tutorial.

But I realized that I could figure out how to make these without a tutorial...it couldn't be that hard, now could it?!?

I thought the results turned out to be really cute!  Don't you agree??



I was trying to make them with the pocket for all of the items attached to the back but I wasn't using my brain and didn't think to leave some give in that piece of fabric so that I would have room in the pocket to put things (so if you try this yourself then don't make your pocket peices the same size as your other body pieces.  It needs to be slightly larger so there is room in the pocket)

Thankfully my mom had the idea to make a backpack to put the items in!  (I actually did this project at her house on black Friday!)




Here are all of the pieces.

I hope my boys love these!  I know I sure do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...