Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My New Homemade Bread Recipe


If you are anything like me then you love homemade bread!  But if you are anything like me then you shy away from it because of the time required to make it!

I found a very easy no-knead bread recipe that makes BEAUTIFUL bread loaves that are VERY VERY tasty!!  I thought I would share the recipe with you :-)

I got this recipe out of my Cooking Light cookbook!

No-Knead Bread

Prep: 20 minutes
Rise: 50 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
3 pkg dry yeast (about 6 3/4 tsp)
3 3/4 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
10 cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp stick margarine, melted
1 tbsp salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
cooking spray

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.  Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
1. Add flour and next 4 ingredients to yeast mixture, stirring until well blended.  Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until double in size.  (Press two fingers into dough, if indention remains, the dough has risen enough.)  Spoon dough evenly nito 3 (9x5-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.  Let rise 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...