Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Refashioning Old Clothes To New For Alyssa!

Hey!  I know it has been forever since I have been on this blog!!  I have been spending all my time blogging on our homeschool blog and don't have much time to keep up both.  But I have found a new hobby that doesn't exactly fit on the homeschool blog.  I have already had several online friends that want me to share what I am doing and since not all my online friends are on facebook I needed somewhere where everyone can see what I am doing...which brought be back to this blog :-)

Ok - enough about that!  Now to my new hobby...taking clothes that are too small for Alyssa and refashioning them to ones that fit!!  I found this idea on several other sites and blogs and fell in love with the idea!  I decided to give it a go myself and found out real quick how easy and how fun it is to do!  It literally takes 30 minutes or less to have a whole new outfit made!

I have already made 3 new outfits.  I would like to share the first with you today :-)

Here is the before picture...a cute little summer dress that became too short for Alyssa.  (I will warn you up front...I am not a photographer so these might not be the best pictures)


I cut off the bodice...I actually cut a little higher than the waist on this dress (by looking at all the different dresses I have to do this with it is already clear to me you will be cutting off at different points just depending on the dress...just picture in your mind the skirt and you will figure out where to cut)


Now this dress had buttons in the back and where I cut there was still a button left on the back.  I took off the button and sewed the opening shut.

I forgot to include in the first picture the pair of bloomers that I had that matched the colors.  I used the waistband of the bloomers to become the waistband for my skirt...made it that much easier.


I just had to put a gathering stitch at the top of my skirt piece...gather it up to fit the bloomers, fold over the top of the fabric of the skirt and topstitch to the bloomers.

Here is a picture of the finished product.



Here is a picture showing the bloomers attached on the inside.


And here are a couple of pictures of Alyssa wearing the skirt.  She does not let me get good pictures of her right now.  I did the best I could.  She loved the skirt though and really got sassy when she was wearing it (it was her first time to wear her new (to her) boots too!)


I loved the fact that the skirt is long on her!  I thought she looked adorable!  And this seriously took less than 30 minutes from start to finish!!

I can't wait to share more of these projects with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kellie~

    What an awesome job you did refashioning. It's very pretty. Doesn't she look darlin'"

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...