Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Quilt!!

OMG!  I can't believe I finished it!!  I finished my quilt for my bed!!  I am so excited.

There is a special dear friend of mine, who desires to remain anonymous in this, that was given a bunch of quilting stuff from the family of a woman she knew that passed away.  Most of this stuff was quilts that were half pieced together but were never finished.  My friend told me that she did not have time to finish these quilts and wanted to know if I would be interested in any of them.

When I saw the pieces for this quilt I fell in love at first sight!!  It was beautiful and I quickly thought of my bed and how pretty it would be on my bed so I told her I would love to take it!!  I also took a few other projects...and am thinking my sister would maybe like to do some of them herself :-)  (she hasn't even heard about this until this post - HEE HEE!!)  But once again, the friend of mine wishes to remain anonymous in this and I am honoring her decision in that!

But look at my quilt!!


I finished piecing it together.  I added the solid blue around the edges.  I found some super soft high loft batting and some pretty natural color muslin fabric for the back side.   I am quite new to quilting so instead of trying to hand quilt it or even machine quilt this massive quilt I found some pretty blue and cream 1/8" satin ribbon and tie tacked it (I don't know if that is the correct term or not...sorry if it is not).

Here is a close up of one of the squares.


Now I just need to find (or make) some pretty shams and some new curtains for my room.  (my current curtains are white but the bed is cream)

My husband told me last night that he would like to make a custom headboard for our bed!!  I think that would be GORGEOUS!!!

I'm so excited!!!  I have wanted to make bedding for my room for quite some time now.  But it seems like other projects always send this one to the back burner!  I am so happy to finally have new bedding for my bed!!!  (even if I didn't completely make it by myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...