Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coupon Savings Today!

The kids and I took a quick shopping trip today and got some good savings!  Overall I had a 35% savings on the value of my purchases!  Not as good as some trips but still not bad at all!!

Here is what I got at Walgreens.
They had their Colgate toothpaste and toothbrushes on sale!  They were on sale for 2/$6 but you got $4 back in RR which made them really only $1 each.  I had $0.75/1 MF coupons to add to them so I got them for $0.25 each!!  I used the $8 I got back in RR to buy the kids some new firefly toothbrushes.  I only had to pay $1.05 for the 3 toothbrushes (Seth already ripped his out of the pkg before the pic so it's hard to see that there are 3 there) after applying the $8 RR. (they did not have any of the original item I initially wanted to buy...but the kids were happy with their toothbrushes).  So I only spent $10.17 for this $22.93 worth of items - a $12.76 savings!!  I'll take that!

Here is what I got at CVS:
I got all of this stuff for $10.03!!  They had their Hunt's Snack Pack puddings, chef boyardee, and Spaghetti o's on sale for 10/$10 and if you bought $10 worth you got $3 back in ECB.  I had a coupon for the puddings for buy 3 get one free!  I had a coupon for canned chef-boyardee but they were out of all of those...but the $1 sale was still good so I added more puddings and the chef boyardee micro cups and spaghetti o's so that I could get my 10 items and get my $3 ECB. (so after the coupon and the ECBs these ended up being $0.60 a piece!  Not bad!

The Xtra detergent was on sale for $1.49 (normally $2.99) for their 28 load botle.  I had two coupons that were $1/2 which made them $0.99 each.  I applied the $3 ECB and only payed $1.03 for them!

So I purchased $26.73 worth of items for $10.03 - which was a $16.70 savings!!  What a deal!

Here are some of the good deals I got at Wal-Mart -

I price match boneless skinless chicken breasts.  Wal-Mart had them for $1.88/lb but I found them in another grocer's sales ad for $1/lb!!!  So on the package I got, which was 4.61 lbs, that was a $4.05 savings!

Wal-Mart had their Taco Bell brand taco shells for $1.32 but I matched another grocer's ad for $0.99.  I then had a $1/2 MF coupon that I put on top of that so I got each package for $0.49!!

Wal-Mart had their Pilsbury Cinnamon Rolls for $1.28 (for the small can) I price matched that with another grocer's ad for $0.79 and then added a $0.40/2 MF coupon so I got each tube for $0.39!!  They also had their Pilsbury crescent rolls for $1.27 for the small can that I price matched also with that ad for $0.79.  I then added a $0.50/2 MF coupon so I got those for $0.29 a tube!

Wal-Mart had their Hamburger Helper for $1.50 each.  I price matched them with another grocer's ad for $1.25 and then added $0.75/3 MF coupons so I got them for $1 a box!

So not a bad trip at all!  I really like this saving money thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...