Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Couponing Adventure

Well I tried out coupons again yesterday. This time I went to Wal-Mart. My original total was $57.12, then after coupons applied it was $48.82. At first I was a bit bummed that I only saved $8.30 but the more I thought about it I realized that was about a 15% savings, which is better than nothing, right???

But I did get a few good deals though.

First off I had a coupon for $2/2 Mars Easter products. The coupon said it included the mini candy eggs, which are $1 each at Wal-Mart. So do the math - that means I got some free candy! That will always make a girl happy!! :-)

I also had a $0.40/1 off any Frigo cheese products. This was an online print off coupon that I was able to get my computer to print 2 before it stopped me. Well Wal-Mart had individual servings of Frigo string cheese for $0.33!! Do the math! $0.40 off of $0.33 means I got paid for buying string cheese! :-) (and I was surprised - there was no problem with the full amount of the coupon being applied!)

I also had a $0.50/1 coupon for any Dawn product! I was needing some dishwashing liquid for the camper and used the coupon on a $0.97 bottle! So I only paid $0.47 for dishwashing soap!

I also had a $1/2 any Peter Pan peanut butter. I got two small reduced fat containers (perfect size for the camper) for $1.88 each (which was $1.38 each after coupons).

I was happy with the fun deals that I got! I want to keep learning and figuring out how I can save even more.

I asked the hubby if I could have the money I am saving for me (for sewing stuff). I told him we would be still saving money because I would just be using what we saved on groceries. I told him it would give me incentive to really see how much we can save. Sounds like a wonderful plan to me...I don't know if he is buying it though. I will just have to keep working on him!

Well I need to get back to my family - we are out camping!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! The best way to save at Wal-Mart is to price match from other stores! Then you can rack up more savings! Wal-mart's coupon policy says that they will actually give change on overages from coupons! Woo-Hoo! So don't be shy to use a coupon that is more than the product price!

    So excited for you!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...