Friday, July 10, 2009

Mommy has been in the kitchen

I have been asked to share some of my recipes...so I thought I would share the two I made last night - A new one and a favorite!!

Sweet 'N Sour Meatball Simmer

This was adapted from the Kraft recipe but I made a couple of changes!!



Ingredients
16-oz. pkg. frozen prepared homestyle meatballs
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper
1 yellow onion
3/4 cup apricot jam
3/4 cup KRAFT CATALINA Dressing
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp. garlic powder

Steps:

COMBINE all ingredients in large skillet; cover.

COOK on medium-high heat 10 min. or until meatballs and vegetables are heated through, stirring occasionally.

SERVE over hot cooked rice or pasta, if desired.

Next time I will add a can of pineapple chunks! This was super easy and super delicious! I will be making this again!!

Now for a favorite!! I have made this a lot!!!

Mom's Banana Bread

adapted from Cooking Light's recipe...but of course I made some changes...beware - with my changes it is not as light of a dish :-)



Ingredients

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 mashed ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Cooking spray

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites; beat well, and set aside.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating until blended.

Spoon batter into 4 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) miniature loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Let cool completely or serve warm with butter!!

Note: To make one 9-inch loaf, spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 350ยบ for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Yield: 1 loaf, 20 servings (serving size: 1 slice).

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...